Jonathan and I on the bottom deck of our ship ;) We cruised the Bosphorus Strait that divides the Asia and Europe sides of Istanbul. This was about 3 hours long of maybe the prettiest views I've ever seen- Istanbul definitely wins favorite city award. It is stunning.
Views of the European side of Istanbul
Tyler and I in front of the Bosphorus Bridge
This is the memorial at Gallipoli for the Australian and New Zealand soliders who lost their lives in WWI
Taking a ferry boat across the Sea of Marmara- with my new geanie pants I got for 5 bucks at a Bazaar
Troy! In our wooden horse!
At the top of Assos- city where Paul went, Aristotle lived here, Temple for goddess Athena.... and home of the best view of the trip- of the Mediterranean Sea (drat, can't see in this pic)
Pergamon- coolest city, with a good amount of ruins still in tact! The Temple of Zues was here- (think Hercules) I ran around and sang "I CAN GO THE DISTANCE, I WILL GO MOST ANYWHERE TO FIND WHERE I BELONG!!!"
Columns of Temple to Seraphis at Pergamon
Trying to be Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice... I didn't meet Mr. Darcy, but I did succeed in not getting in trouble for disrespecting antiquities.
Sitting in the Theater, listening to the tour guide, Nick and I decided to pretend we were bored rebel Romans in the back of class.
Picking olives for Pressing (more pics to come!)
Miss Kara, your photo, of the memorial at Gallipoli, did they post a record of the countless allied forces, wasted, due to the incredible incompetence, of the British Military Command.............The allies lost in excess of 200.000 men.........the men in those trenches were thrown up against machine gun fire, wave after wave were literally wasted.
ReplyDeleteThus the term..........."Lions for Lambs" was brought about, meaning the men in the trenches were the lions, while the lambs safely back in England were making all the decisions.
The title of the film comes from a comment a German general offered in a letter during World War I. Impressed by the bravery of the British soldiers, if not their officers, who were often given their commission because of social ranking, not military prowess, he wrote, “Never have I seen such Lions led by such Lambs.”
And that’s the essential thrust of the film. Lions have put their lives on the line for a war that was sold by Lambs. Now, what are we going to do about it?
Every time I see the movie "Gallipoli" starring an incredibly young Mel Gibson, I weep over the countless lives, utterly wasted, because of arrogance, at such magnitude, that can not be rivaled, at any time in modern warfare...............The British were so incredibly arrogant.
But that is just me........we love you both, make the most of your time there...Ken and Savannah