In Jordan, at the hotel... getting ready for winter!
A little bit of Kentucky in Ammon, Jordan! If you couldn't see on my face, I actually WASN'T very excited to eat this...
Sermon on the mount! We're studying the New Testament now!!! I love it!
We went on a field trip to the separation walls between Israeli and Palestinian settlements... The Green on this map is Palestine and Blue is Israel... The red line is the wall. I feel like this is a very good visual for the tensions of the area, and the complexity of finding a "solution" to this problem! The area up there called E-1 that is hashed is right near the center we live, and is a hoooot hot spot, because Israel wants to build settlements there and thus separate the Ramalah from Bethlehem.
Church of the Holy Sepulchral
Meat Market on the sides of the Old City streets! yes, that is a lamb head!
Lachich Reliefs in the Israel Museum! I have spent soooo much time in this museum... I wish I could put up all the pictures, but this is a replica showing the seige of the Assyrians of the City of Lachich. They were making their way to attack Jerusalem... The Assyrians were known for impaling and flaying the skin off their victims.... so here's a visual!
Dr. Seely, my favorite teacher!!! He and his wife are so fun- we had a dinner in a tent with them, and they had us laughing the whole time.
O Little Town of Bethlehem (yes, that is a star over head!!!)
Teaching English at a school down the road from the Center
I love coming here to teach and play with the kids!
Tyler and I and a bunch of our friends put together an act for the Talent Show! We did a song from Saturday's Warrior! check out the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itZV1r26GMc
Why Wally Kessler, you outta be ashamed of yourself!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment