This was definitly on my bucket list. Cheeeeeeck!
The treasury at Petra. We hiked through a canyon in a mountain desert land (much like Moab, Utah!) The canyon gets very narrow at some points and you walk through only seeing slivers of the sky, until all of the sudden you see this building cut into the mountain ahead and you come out in a breathtaking courtyard in the shadow of one of the seven wonders of the world!!!
I tried to kiss the camel.... and he kissed me back!
When I die, I want to be buried in the tombs of Petra
My new friend.
Loooooong hike to the monastery... had to take a few breaks!
Boy was this monastery worth the hike though!
Incredible that people were able to carve this! I loved being in Petra- I fell in love with it... the mountains and desert are SO gorgeous.
Needless to say... this was a GEORGEOUS view. (there were 2 signs at the bottom of this peak; one pointing to another peak that said "Best View!!!" and the one that pointed up here said "THE Best View"... It was pretty difficult to choose... so we hiked both!)
the double date crew
finding my center in Petra
CAMEL TIME!!!
His name is Rambo...
...because he likes to Ram into the other camels!!! This guy seriously had it out for everyone in his path! He T boned this other kid's camel, and then B lined for a guy in a chair who had to quickly dive out of his chair and grab it from destruction.
I was selected by Pepsi Co. to model their newest line of "Ancient Roman City- Cola" Here. At Jerash. Cooling off with a coooooool bevvy.
The River Jordan.
It would have been really cool to be baptized again.
"Slicha, Slicha"... "Excuse me, excuse me, do you want to buy lemonade?" only 2 sheckels!
We met this sweet couple Rob and Wendy as they were traveling the world! We hung out with them for a few days and gave them some tours around the city!
No comments:
Post a Comment