Thursday, December 5, 2013

Sitting on a wall in the Jewish Quarter, overlooking the ancient City of David

Catching Fire movie night!

 Bet She' an (pronounced shawn) with SHAWN!!!
At Bet She'an, city partially destroyed by an earthquake! We really tried to get in touch with history.

Ancient Pottys. They still had to go back then too.

With the Seelys!!! Sister Seely said "We'll just adopt you on our row" :D I sure love them, they are an incredible example of discipleship and hungering for knowledge. Brother Seely teaches our Ancient Near East class, and I am always excited when he goes with my group- because I KNOW we're in for some sweet stories!

In Nazareth- at the church of the Annunciation. There are depictions of Christ from countries all around the world. This was my favorite, because I loved the intricate mosaics, and the gold. 

My best friends- Brooke and Emily! On a mountain overlooking the Sea of Galilee! This was the first day of our 12 day trip to the Sea of Galilee and many surrounding areas in Northern Israel.

Beautiful views!

We took a boat ride across the Sea- Which really should be called a Lake; since it's so small and landlocked.

Ahoy me mateys! 

So many awesome people I get to spend time with :D

Model shots on the Sea... Jonathan wins I think.

We sat on the Mount of Beattitudes- I felt very much like the Carl Bloch painting! We shared our testimonies regarding the principles in the Sermon on the Mount... This was a favorite moment- to feel the peace and look out at his land... This is what I pictured when I pondered coming to Jerusalem. Figuratively sitting at the feet of the Savior and learning what He has taught us. I shared my testimony of the verse in Matthew 6:33 "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God!" I know that when we put the commandments of God, the pursuit of His Holy Spirit, and our faith in His son Jesus Christ FIRST- above all things of the world... we are blessed with understanding our lives more and feeling more fulfilled in them! I love hearing testimonies of the Savior here too- those from the friends and teachers in my class, and also seeing the testimonies of other worshipers who come to these places seeking the same peace. 

Church of the Beattitudes- it is 8 sided, one for every admonition the Savior game in the Sermon.

This isn't just ANY fish, no, this is a Galilean fish. And I ate the whole thing... even the eyeballs!!!

Hiking in the Golan Heights

Beautiful Waterfall! It was really refreshing to see water and green, in the middle of the dry desert. 

... and yes! We jumped in! Along with 25 other INSANE people! It was SO frigidly cold, but now I can say on my blog.... "I swam in that one waterfall, on that one hike, in the Golan!" haha yaaaaaaay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment